Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Commuting and Web 2.0

As many people know, in my "new" life as a teacher (now 7 or 8 years old) I commute by vehicle to and from work. During these long hours (driving to Hafford is one hour there and then one hour home) I have discovered the joys of listening to podcasts. I've even done some "professional development" in the comfort of my car (while trying to avoid deer and errant motorists).

One of my continuously favourite podcasts is "Tech Chick Tips" http://www.techchicktips.net/
I Like it because these women work with elementary kids as well as adults in academia. They review what's new in online applications in a free-flowing conversational manner. I've picked up some good tips from them - even if I only store them at the back of the filing cabinet called my head. Tech Chick Tips is available free for download on the website or iTunes.

I should have stayed in Hafford to try the Wiziq conference today. I thought that the Red Bull's advertisement of WI-FI meant that it worked. It didn't- but the coffee and muffin I ate while trying to connect were good brain fuel. I wanted to be able to use my MacBook which has a camera and microphone built in (I have nothing to connect it to in Hafford). No luck - but I did manage to get the last 5 minutes at home tonight. I wish I'd been there for the whole thing!

No comments: