Friday, April 11, 2008

ArtsEd meets ELA and Voicethread with Interesting Results






My grade 5 and 6 class had truly wonderful plasticine art projects of their favourite places to be. I thought the project results were too good not to take further, so I asked Jennifer Shumanski, grade one teacher extraordinaire, if she wanted to partner up and help us with an online story project about the grade 5/6 favourite places to be.

First, I took pictures of all the art projects. Next, I had some students in 5/6 scale the images in GIMP and then upload them to Voicethread. Yesterday, armed with a story framework and their art projects, grade 5 and 6 students went to the grade one classroom, buddied up, wrote stories, practiced reading, and enjoyed Timbits. My students will word process the stories with large fonts, and have their buddies read their stories as Voicethreads. I've taken "mugshots" of the grade ones, and will upload them soon

Track our progress: Our Favourite Places to Be

1 comment:

JoAnne Kasper said...

This looks like a great project. I hope I'll get a chance to view the final Voicethreads. Have you read the All the Places to Love by Patricia Maclachlan? Here's a link with a couple of reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Places-Love-Patricia-Maclachlan/dp/0060210982